Surface 3 December 2018 update is now live
Microsoft is now rolling out the December 2018 update to Surface 3 devices to improve battery stability and system security.
The new firmware update improves battery stability and system security. The update is listed as a “December 6 release” on the Surface 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for December 06, 2018 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for December 06, 2018 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Firmware – 1.51116.218.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware 1.51116.218.0 Improves battery stability.|
|Surface – System – 2.1.655.0||Surface Platform Power Driver 2.1.655.0 Improves battery stability.|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. -Bluetooth – 15.68.9125.57||Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter 15.68.9125.57 Improves system security.|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. -Net – 15.68.9125.57||Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller 15.68.9125.57 Improves system security.|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface 3
- Surface 3 AT&T
- Surface 3 Verizon
- Surface 3 US Non-AT&T
- Surface 3 Y!mobile & Outside US
Surface 3 Update History
- Improve battery stability and system security.
- Improve battery charging, the stability of the camera, pen settings, the on-screen keyboard in UEFI, and the proximity sensor for mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connections.View