The new firmware update resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002. The update is listed as a “May 31 release” on the Surface 3 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for May 31, 2018 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for May 31, 2018 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Firmware – 1.51116.198.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware 1.51116.198.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002.|
|Intel Corporation – Display adapters – 18.104.22.16835||Intel(R) HD Graphics – Display adapters 22.214.171.12435 improves compatibility with high-resolution external displays on Windows 10 April 2018 Update.|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface 3
- Surface 3 AT&T
- Surface 3 Verizon
- Surface 3 US Non-AT&T
- Surface 3 Y!mobile & Outside US
Surface 3 Update History
- Resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002.
- Improve battery charging, the stability of the camera, pen settings, the on-screen keyboard in UEFI, and the proximity sensor for mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connections.View