Surface 3 gets new (June 22, 2016) firmware updates
Microsoft is now rolling out the June 2016 update to Surface 3 devices to improve mobile broadband network stability.
The new firmware update improves mobile broadband network stability. The update is listed as a “June 22 release” on the Surface 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for June 22, 2016 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for June 22, 2016 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Intel Corporation driver update for Surface IA7260 Firmware Update||Surface IA7260 Firmware Update v15126.96.36.199 (Driver Date 4/25/2016) improves mobile broadband network stability.|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface 3
- Surface 3 AT&T
- Surface 3 Verizon
- Surface 3 US Non-AT&T
- Surface 3 Y!mobile & Outside US
Surface 3 Update History
- Improve battery charging, the stability of the camera, pen settings, the on-screen keyboard in UEFI, and the proximity sensor for mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connections.View
- Improve mobile broadband network stability.