Microsoft rolled out January 2015 firmware updates for the original Surface Pro
Microsoft is now rolling out new January 2015 updates to Surface Pro devices to improve system security.
The new firmware update enhances Surface Pro system security. The update is listed as a “January 2015 update” on the Surface Pro Update History page.
- Changelog for January 15, 2015 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for January 15, 2015 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates.
- System Firmware Update – 1/15/2015
- Surface Pro UEFI update (v1.7.50) enhances system security.
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro (1st Gen) from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro Update History
- Eliminate instances where the device wakes randomly and improve system stability when detaching the cover.View
- Improve graphics performance and stability on Windows 10 and resolve issues where the Surface Pro would wake from sleep by itselfView
- Improve system security.
- Improve network connection stability and enable functionality on Wi-Fi networks using a hidden SSID.View
- Improve battery life, and experience when using the Surface Power Cover and accessories, and the Miracast wireless display.View
- Provide support for the Surface Power Cover, improve multiple-finger support on the touchpad, and improve wireless connectivity and Miracast supportView
- Resolve issues when using a Surface Cover and prevent On-Screen Keyboard from unexpectedly popping up even though the Surface Cover is attached.View
- Improve the experience of using a Surface Cover 2 on the original Surface Pro and enhance Miracast functionality and improve Wi-Fi stability.View
- Improve wireless display performance and Wi-Fi network performance and stability and increase the camera's TrueColor fidelity.View
- Migrate drivers from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1, improved Wi-Fi, and enhanced performance for Type Cover 2 and Surface Touch Cover 2.View
- Enhance system stability and reliability, reduce power consumption, and enhance the touch experience with the touchpad on the Surface Type Cover and Surface Touch CoverView
- Enhance clarity for low-light operation and improves reliability when switching between the integrated camera and an external camera.View
- Resolve an issue with on-screen touch navigation in the UEFI boot menu, Surface Type Cover and Touch cover connectivity issues, and more.View