The new firmware update will 22.214.171.124 improves system stability. The update is listed as a “January 30 release” on the Surface Book Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for January 30, 2019 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for January 30, 2019 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199||Surface Touch
188.8.131.52 improves system stability.
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.20622||Surface ME
220.127.116.1122 improves system stability.
|Surface – Firmware – 91.2439.769.0||Surface UEFI
91.2439.769.0 improves system stability.
|Intel – Software Component – 18.104.22.168
Intel – Extension – 22.214.171.124
| Intel® iCLS Client
126.96.36.199 improves system stability.
|Intel – System –18188.8.131.521
Intel – System Extension – 18184.108.40.2061
|Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System
18220.127.116.111 improves system stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Book from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Book Drivers and Firmware
Surface Book Update History
- 91.2706.768.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 190013.View
- 18.104.22.168 improves system stability.
- 10.25.0.10 resolves battery consumption issue associated with Windows 10 October update (version 1809).View
- 1.1.333.0 enables Power Slider feature that improves both battery life and the adaptive brightness feature.View
- Improve battery life during sleep, system stability and performance, and improve the stability and power utilization of the USB hub in the device base.View
- Improve pen performance in some applications, improve clipboard and keyboard interoperability, and add support for upcoming product releases.View
- Improve the device's battery life, stability, and performance when you change between power states and make sure the default Balanced power plan is set correctly when the operating system is updated.View
- Improve touch stability and screen brightness when the device resumes operation from sleep or hibernation, improve pen pairing with the device and optimize log file storage space managementView
- Improve the stability of the keyboard, address issues with touch, pen ink, and eraser button, and improve graphics performance and audio stability.View
- Improve system stability when the device resumes operation from sleep or hibernation and optimizes battery use in connected standby and more.View
- Improve battery utilization in connected standby, touch stability, and system stability resuming from sleep or hibernation.View