Original Surface Book gets new firmware updates (October 2018) to support new battery limit feature
Microsoft is rolling out a number of new driver and firmware updates (October 2018) for the original Surface Book to support new battery limit feature and more.
Recently, Microsoft has announced a new feature called “Battery Limit” for all recent Surface devices. The feature is an ideal power solution for Surface devices which are always connected to a dock or power supply. Last month, the company already released the firmware updates with the battery limit feature to Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4.
Yesterday, I’ve noticed my Surface Book also received a set of firmware updates, which aren’t listed on Surface Book Update History page yet. I have verified the updates, it does bring the “Battery Limit” support to my Surface Book as well.
Here is the complete list of the update:
- Surface – System – Surface Dial Detection – v188.8.131.52
- Surface – Firmware – Surface UEFI – v91.2327.769.0
- Surface – HIDClass – Surface Digitizer Integration – v2.0.313.0
- Surface – System – Surface Touch Servicing ML – v184.108.40.206
- Surface – System – Surface Integration – v1.1.342.0
- Surface – Firmware – Surface Embedded Controller Firmware – 90.2226.256.0
- Surface – System – Surface Base Firmware Update – 220.127.116.11
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Bluetooth – 15.68.9125.57
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Net – 15.68.9125.57
One more interesting about the update, it probably also brings Surface Dial on-screen support to Surface Book as well with the updates of Surface Dial Detection, Surface Integration, Surface Digitizer Integration, and Surface Touch Servicing ML.
For more information about Battery Limit feature, please check out how to enable Battery Limit feature on Surface devices here.