Why do you need to properly shut down your Surface Book 2?
Here are several reasons that you will need to properly shut down your Surface Book 2:
- Apply and install all pending firmware, drivers, and Windows update.
- Refresh your laptop’s system resources for faster performance.
- Preventing battery drain issues.
- Preventing device overheating when keeping in the bag.
To shut down your Surface Book 2 via Start Menu:
- Select the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the Power button next to the start menu.
- Select the “Shut down” button from the pop-up list.
Every Surface device has a power button and you can shut down your Surface Book 2 via the power button too. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button (about 3s).
- Wait until you see the message “Slide to shut down your PC”.
- Use your finger to slide the lock screen down to shut down your device
- Or use your mouse pointer to click, hold, and move the lock screen down to shut down your device.
Here are some more related Surface Book 2 questions:
- What processors is in Microsoft Surface Book 2?
- Can you add more RAM to Surface Book 2?
- Can you upgrade Surface Book 2 SSD?
- Does Surface Book 2 support Windows Hello?
- Does Surface Book 2 support Wi-Fi 6?
- Does Surface Book 2 support External GPU (eGPU)?
- Does Surface Book 2 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Book 2 have USB-A port?
- Does Surface Book 2 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Book 2 have USB-C port?
More on Surface Book 2
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How to Connect Xbox Controller to Surface with Xbox Wireless Support
- How To Boot Surface Book 1-3 From A USB Drive
- The 3 easy ways to adjust Surface Book’s screen brightness
- Surface Book 2 Deal: Save up to 300$ on select Microsoft Surface Book 2 models
- How to disable the discrete GPU on Microsoft Surface Book
- Best Power Banks for Microsoft Surface in 2023