Can you charge Surface Book (1st Gen) via USB?
Can you charge Microsoft Surface Book (1st Gen) via USB?
No, you can’t. The USB port on Microsoft Surface Book (1st Gen) is a basic USB-A 3.0 port that supports only data transferring.
Fortunately, there is a workaround that lets you charge your Surface Book (1st Gen) with any compatible USB-C PD charger and battery pack.
As an increasingly in USB-C with Power Delivery chargers in the market, using a USB-C to Surface Connect charging cable seems to be the best option right now for Surface users. As the Power Delivery 3.0 includes 12V and 15V in its power rules, it basically can charge all Surface devices available so far.
However, since all USB-C PD chargers weren’t made for the same purpose, here are some of our recommended chargers and cables that able to charge your Surface devices:
Here are some related questions you might want to know:
More on Surface Book (1st Gen)
Here are some related articles you might want to check out:
- Here’s how to disable secure boot on Microsoft Surface Book
- How to disable Intel Turbo Boost on Microsoft Surface
- The Best Microsoft Surface Book Car Chargers in 2020
- How to disable the discrete GPU on Microsoft Surface Book
- Microsoft Surface Book FAQs: Everything you need to know!
- Microsoft Surface Book Buyer’s Guide