- $899$1,128.99Surface Pro (i5/4GB/128GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Save $329Surface Pro (i5/8GB/256GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Free Invoke SpeakerSurface Laptop with 256 GB SSD or higher
- Save $100Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Motion Controllers
- Only $189 + 1 free game + 1 month Game Pass$249Xbox One S 500GB
How to download official recovery image for Microsoft Surface
In this article, you will find out how to download a right recovery image to create a recovery drive for resetting your Microsoft Surface device.
Since Windows 8, Microsoft has introduced a new way to reset your computer to the factory settings. But this function will work only if you have a recovery partition on your disk drive or a recovery drive.
For Microsoft Surface, every device has a recovery partition by default from the factory. However, If you can’t access the partition or it has been deleted by any reasons. In this situation, you can still download a specific recovery image for your Surface tablet from the Microsoft Surface support website.
Download the recovery image
Prior downloading a right recovery image for your Surface tablet, you need to have a Microsoft account and the serial number of your Surface device.
- Visit the Download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface website.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account
- Choose your current Surface device, If you have registered your Surface devices already. Otherwise, choose your Surface model and type your Surface device’s serial number in the Option 2. Then click Continue button.
- For some models, it may have multiple recovery images for different Windows version. Click on Download button to download the recovery image
- After you have clicked the Download button, it will lead you to the Step 3 with details steps you can follow to create a recovery drive for your Surface device.
Microsoft might update the recovery image in the future. Make sure you check back again when you need to reset your Surface device next time.