Can you charge Surface Pro 4 via USB?
Can you charge Microsoft Surface Pro 4 via USB?
No, you can’t. The USB port on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is a basic USB-A 3.0 port that supports only data transferring.
Fortunately, there is a workaround that lets you charge your Surface Pro 4 with any compatible USB-C PD charger and battery pack.
As an increasingly in USB-C with Power Delivery chargers in the market, using a USB-C to Surface Connect charging cable seems to be the best option right now for Surface users. As the Power Delivery 3.0 includes 12V and 15V in its power rules, it basically can charge all Surface devices available so far.
However, since all USB-C PD chargers weren’t made for the same purpose, here are some of our recommended chargers and cables that able to charge your Surface devices:
Here are some related questions you might want to know:
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.
More on Surface Pro 4
Here are some related articles you might want to check out:
- Surface Pro 4 FAQ: Everything you need to know!
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Buyer’s Guide
- The Best Power Banks for Surface Pro, Book, Go, and Laptop in 2020
- Surface Tip: How to enable Battery Limit feature on Surface devices
- The Best Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Cases and Covers in 2020
- The Best Surface Pro 4 USB Hubs for better work and productivity in 2020