Can you replace Microsoft Surface Book 2 SSD?
Technically Yes! all Surface Book 2 models including 13-inch and 15-inch models come with a replaceable M.2 2280 SSD. However, it required you to remove the screen which is not easy at all without the right tool. So if you want to add more storage to Surface Book 2, you can alternatively consider a Micro SD card with the right adapter to expand your Surface Book 2 storage.
Here is how to teardown the Microsoft Surface Book 2 from iFixit:
For more information, you might want to check out the new Surface Book 3 engineering tour by Microsoft Mechanic team here which mostly also applied to Surface Book 2 as well:
Our recommended MicroSD cards:
Here are the latest related questions:
- Does Surface Book 2 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Book 2 have USB-C port?
- How to properly shut down a Surface Book 2?
- How to charge Surface Book 2 via USB-C?
- Does Surface Book 2 support Windows Hello?
- Does Surface Book 2 support Wi-Fi 6?
- Does Surface Book 2 have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Book 2 support External GPU (eGPU)?
- What’s ports on Microsoft Surface Book 2?
- Can you add more RAM to Surface Book 2?
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.
More on Surface Book 2
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How To Boot Surface Book From A USB Drive
- The 3 easy ways to adjust Surface Book’s screen brightness
- Surface Book 2 Deal: Save up to 300$ on select Microsoft Surface Book 2 models
- Best 15” Surface Book 2 Cases and Sleeves in 2021
- Best 13.5” Surface Book 2 Cases in 2021
- How to disable the discrete GPU on Microsoft Surface Book