Can you replace Microsoft Surface Book 2 SSD?
Technically Yes! all Surface Book 2 models including 13-inch and 15-inch models come with a replaceable M.2 2280 SSD. However, it required you to remove the screen which is not easy at all without the right tool. So if you want to add more storage to Surface Book 2, you can alternatively consider a Micro SD card with the right adapter to expand your Surface Book 2 storage.
Here is how to teardown the Microsoft Surface Book 2 from iFixit:
For more information, you might want to check out the new Surface Book 3 engineering tour by Microsoft Mechanic team here which mostly also applied to Surface Book 2 as well:
Our recommended MicroSD cards:
Here are the latest related questions:
- Does Surface Book 2 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Book 2 have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Book 2 have headphone Jack?
- Does Surface Book 2 support Wi-Fi 6?
- Does Surface Book 2 support Windows Hello?
- How long will the Surface Book 2 be supported?
- How to charge Surface Book 2 via USB-C?
- How to disable secure boot on Microsoft Surface Book 2
- How to properly shut down a Surface Book 2?
- What’s ports on Microsoft Surface Book 2?
More on Surface Book 2
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How to Connect Xbox Controller to Surface with Xbox Wireless Support
- How To Boot Surface Book 1-3 From A USB Drive
- The 3 easy ways to adjust Surface Book’s screen brightness
- Surface Book 2 Deal: Save up to 300$ on select Microsoft Surface Book 2 models
- How to disable the discrete GPU on Microsoft Surface Book
- Best Power Banks for Microsoft Surface in 2023