Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Pro 7. The new update is available for Surface Pro 7 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, Version 1903, or later.
The new firmware update will enables Windows 11 feature to improve battery life, improves graphics stability and performance, and addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability. The update is listed as a “October 20 release” on the Surface Pro 7 Update History page.
- Changelog for October 20, 2021 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for October 20, 2021 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Intel Corporation – Display – 184.108.40.20621||Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics – Display adapters|
|Intel Corporation – Extension – 220.127.116.1121||Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics Extension|
|Surface – Monitor – 18.104.22.168||Surface Panel – Monitor|
|Intel – Net – 22.214.171.124||Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network adapters|
|Intel – Bluetooth – 126.96.36.199||Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 7 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Surface Pro 7 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 7 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 7 Update History
- Addresses system camera performance and stability and resolves system bug checks, improves Windows Hello log-in stability, and improves connectivity to 3rd party docks.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability and resolves Wi-Fi disconnect and settings toggle issues.View
- Improves system Camera performance and stability and resolves system bugcheck, improves Surface Dock 2 reliability, and improves Surface Slim Pen 2 inking.View
- Enables Windows 11 feature to improve battery life, improves graphics stability and performance, and addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability.
- Surface System Aggregator update addresses CPU throttling issue, improves USBC performance, improves Touch and Pen stability when waking from sleep, improves Surface Dock 2 reliability, and improves upgrading to the latest Windows OS.View
- Improve system light balance and contrast, audio performance, system security, and system stability.View
- Improve battery performance, Surface Dock USB performance, and the camera and associated system bugcheck performance.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Microsoft rolled out new firmware updates (October 20, 2021) for Surface Pro 7”.