The new firmware update this update addresses a potential security vulnerability related to Intel® Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00783, addressing CVE-2022-36392 & CVE-2022-38102. The update is listed as an “October 27 release” on the Surface Pro 7 Plus Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for October 27, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for October 27, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Intel – Software Component – 1.66.712.0||Intel(R) iCLS Client – Software components|
|Intel – System – 2251.4.2.0||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System devices|
|Surface – Firmware - 15.0.2411.5||Surface ME – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.11||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 7+ from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 7+
- Surface Pro 7+ with LTE
Surface Pro 7 Plus Update History
- This update addresses a potential security vulnerability related to Intel® Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00783, addressing CVE-2022-36392 & CVE-2022-38102.
- Improves wireless connection reliability, enables support for new docking accessories, and improves Surface Dock 2 stability.View
- Improves system Camera performance and stability and resolves system bugcheck, improves graphics stability and helps resolve graphics display issues, enables feature support for new Surface Pen, and improves system stability and performance.View