The new firmware update improves system stability and addresses system bugcheck. The update is listed as an “October 18 release” on the Surface Pro 7 Plus Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for October 18, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for October 18, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206||Surface System Aggregator – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.11||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 7+ from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 7+
- Surface Pro 7+ with LTE
Surface Pro 7 Plus Update History
- Improves wireless connection reliability, enables support for new docking accessories, and improves Surface Dock 2 stability.View
- Improves system stability and addresses system bugcheck.
- Improves system Camera performance and stability and resolves system bugcheck, improves graphics stability and helps resolve graphics display issues, enables feature support for new Surface Pen, and improves system stability and performance.View