The new firmware update will resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including bulletin 170012. The update is listed as a “November 27 release” on the Surface Pro 4 Update History page.
- Changelog for November 27, 2017 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for November 27, 2017 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface driver update for Surface ME||Surface Management Engine – Firmware 188.8.131.5230 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including bulletin 170012.|
|Microsoft driver update for Surface System Aggregator||Surface System Aggregator Firmware – Firmware 103.1837.257.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including bulletin 170012.|
|Surface driver update for Surface UEFI||Surface UEFI – Firmware 108.1866.769.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including bulletin 170012.|
|Surface driver update for Surface dTPM (IFX)||Surface dTPM (IFX) – Firmware 5.62.3126.2 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including bulletin 170012.|
|Intel driver update for Intel(R) Management Engine Interface||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System device 184.108.40.2060 required for UEFI update, and improves recovery from Connected Standby.|
|Microsoft driver update for Surface Integration||Surface Integration – System devices 220.127.116.11 improves system reliability for devices on Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607.|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 4 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 4 Update History
- Improve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, improve battery performance, and integration between services.View
- Improve system stability and resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.View
- Resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including bulletin 170012.
- Enable the Power Slider feature to improve battery life, and improving the adaptive brightness feature, improve DirectX12 and graphics power performance, and more.View
- Improve battery life during sleep, disable touch when the cover is closed, improve stability, refine brightness settings, and more.View
- Resolve the screen brightness issue when devices come out of sleep, improve system stability, and adjust system Hibernation defaults.View
- Improve keyboard stability, and battery life during sleep, and disable touch when the cover is closed.View
- Improve the device's usability, battery life, stability, and performance when you change between power states and more.View
- Improve the stability of the keyboard when the device resumes from hibernation or connected standby mode, increase overall stability, and address issues in touch, pen ink, barrel button eraser scenarios, and more.View
- Improve system stability when the device resumes operation from sleep or hibernation and optimizes battery use in connected standby.View
- Improve touch stability, increase the stability of the fingerprint sensor when the keyboard is resuming from sleep, make adjustments to system thermal tuning, and optimizes battery utilization in connected standby and in low battery scenario.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Pro 4 gets new (November 27, 2017) firmware updates”.