The new firmware update will improve battery life during sleep, disable touch when the cover is closed, improves stability, refines brightness settings, and more. The update is listed as a “May 25 release” on the Surface Pro 4 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for May 25, 2017 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for May 25, 2017 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Microsoft Driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware||Surface Embedded Controller Firmware 103.1684.256.0 improves battery life during sleep.|
|Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Precise Touch Device||Intel(R) Precise Touch Device 188.8.131.52 disables touch when the cover is closed and improves stability.|
|Surface driver update for Surface Integration||Surface Integration 184.108.40.206 adjusts system Hibernation defaults.|
|Surface driver update for Surface System Aggregator||Surface System Aggregator 103.1610.256.0 resolves screen brightness issues when the device comes out of sleep.|
|Surface driver update for Surface UEFI||Surface UEFI 106.1624.768.0 refines brightness settings.|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 4 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 4 Update History
- Improve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, improve battery performance, and integration between services.View
- Improve system stability and resolve potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.View
- Enable the Power Slider feature to improve battery life, and improving the adaptive brightness feature, improve DirectX12 and graphics power performance, and more.View
- Improve battery life during sleep, disable touch when the cover is closed, improve stability, refine brightness settings, and more.
- Resolve the screen brightness issue when devices come out of sleep, improve system stability, and adjust system Hibernation defaults.View
- Improve keyboard stability, and battery life during sleep, and disable touch when the cover is closed.View
- Improve the device's usability, battery life, stability, and performance when you change between power states and more.View
- Improve the stability of the keyboard when the device resumes from hibernation or connected standby mode, increase overall stability, and address issues in touch, pen ink, barrel button eraser scenarios, and more.View
- Improve system stability when the device resumes operation from sleep or hibernation and optimizes battery use in connected standby.View
- Improve touch stability, increase the stability of the fingerprint sensor when the keyboard is resuming from sleep, make adjustments to system thermal tuning, and optimizes battery utilization in connected standby and in low battery scenario.View