Surface Pro 5 recieves new (August 29, 2019) firmware updates
Microsoft is now rolling out the August 2019 update to Surface Pro 5 devices to improve system stability.
The new firmware update will improve system stability. The update is listed as an “August 29 release” on the Surface Pro 5 Update History page.
- Changelog for August 29, 2019 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for August 29, 2019 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – System – 184.108.40.206||Surface Storage Firmware Update – System devices
220.127.116.11 improves system stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 5 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 5
- Surface Pro 5 with LTE