Microsoft rolled out June 2014 firmware updates for Surface Pro 2
Microsoft is now rolling out new June 2014 updates to Surface Pro 2 devices to improve reliability when the Power Cover is attached to the Surface and folded behind the Surface, improving microSD stability and providing support for PXE boot.
The new firmware update improves reliability when the Power Cover is attached to the Surface and folded behind the Surface, improving microSD stability, and providing support for PXE boot. The update is listed as a “June 2014 update” on the Surface Pro 2 Update History page.
- Changelog for June 10, 2014 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for June 10, 2014 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates.
- System Firmware Update – 6/10/2014
- Surface Pro UEFI (v2.4.950.0) and Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v126.96.36.199) updates – enhance system stability with microSD products, improve compatibility with Power Cover, and increase the reliability of sleep state transitions. Surface Pro UEFI update also provides support for PXE boot with the new Surface Ethernet Adapter.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v2.4.350.0) update – improves sleep state transitions when a Surface Cover is attached.
- Surface Accessory Device (v2.0.287.0) update – improves sleep state transitions when a Surface Cover is attached.
- Surface Power Cover Firmware Update (v2.0.288.0) – improves reliability when the Power Cover is attached to the Surface and folded behind the Surface.
- HD Graphics Family (v10.18.10.3496) update – improves Miracast wireless display experience and enhances display stability.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
- Swipe from the right or move the mouse cursor to the right edge of the display and select Settings.
- Select the Change PC Settings.
- Go to the Update and recovery tab. On the Windows Update page, click the Check now button.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 2 Update History
- Eliminate instances where the device wakes randomly, improve system stability when detaching the cover, and improve color calibration.View
- Resolve the issue where the Surface would wake from sleep by itself and improve graphics performance and stability on Windows 10.View
- Improve graphic and audio performance, including better Miracast (wireless display) support, and more.View
- Enhance display stability and performance, improve the user experience when using Miracast adapters, improve compatibility with DisplayPort monitors and daisy chaining, improve the PXE boot experience with the 1 gigabit Surface Ethernet Adapter and further enhances the system security.View
- Improve reliability when the Power Cover is attached to the Surface and folded behind the Surface, improving microSD stability and providing support for PXE boot.
- Improve Miracast support and enable daisy chaining of monitors using DisplayPort 1.2, provide support for Surface Power Cover, improve the stability and experience of Surface Covers, and more.View
- Provide tuning to the Surface display calibration, resolve hibernation and incorrectly reported battery percentage issues, and improve the Surface Touch and Type Cover.View