Microsoft rolled out January 2014 firmware updates for Surface Pro 2
Microsoft is now rolling out new January 2014 updates to Surface Pro 2 devices to resolve behavior where the Surface failed to enter sleep while idle and reduced battery life.
The new firmware update resolved behavior where the Surface failed to enter sleep while idle and reduced battery life. The update is listed as a “January 2014 update” on the Surface Pro 2 Update History page.
- Changelog for January 2014 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for January 2014 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates.
- Updated UEFI firmware, version 2.04.0350, to resolve behavior where the Surface failed to enter sleep while idle, reducing battery life.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
- Swipe from the right or move the mouse cursor to the right edge of the display and select Settings.
- Select the Change PC Settings.
- Go to the Update and recovery tab. On the Windows Update page, click the Check now button.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Pro 2 Update History
- Eliminate instances where the device wakes randomly, improve system stability when detaching the cover, and improve color calibration.View
- Resolve the issue where the Surface would wake from sleep by itself and improve graphics performance and stability on Windows 10.View
- Improve graphic and audio performance, including better Miracast (wireless display) support, and more.View
- Enhance display stability and performance, improve the user experience when using Miracast adapters, improve compatibility with DisplayPort monitors and daisy chaining, improve the PXE boot experience with the 1 gigabit Surface Ethernet Adapter and further enhances the system security.View
- Improve reliability when the Power Cover is attached to the Surface and folded behind the Surface, improving microSD stability and providing support for PXE boot.View
- Improve Miracast support and enable daisy chaining of monitors using DisplayPort 1.2, provide support for Surface Power Cover, improve the stability and experience of Surface Covers, and more.View
- Provide tuning to the Surface display calibration, resolve hibernation and incorrectly reported battery percentage issues, and improve the Surface Touch and Type Cover.View
- Resolve behavior where the Surface failed to enter sleep while idle and reduced battery life.