Surface Laptop Go Recieves new (September 20, 2021) Firmware Updates
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Laptop Go devices to addresses critical security vulnerability and improves USB-C stability.
Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Laptop Go. The new update is available for Surface Laptop Go devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or later.
The new firmware update will addresses critical security vulnerability and improves USB-C stability. The update is listed as “September 20 release” on the Surface Laptop Go Update History page.
- Changelog for September 20, 2021 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for September 20, 2021 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 13.0.1763.6||Surface ME – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Laptop Go didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Laptop Go from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Go Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Go Update History
- Improves device stability be addressing bugcheck and improves graphics stability and enables Window 11 feature to improve battery life.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves USB-C stability.