Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Laptop Go. The latest update is available for Surface Laptop Go devices running Windows 10 May 2020 Update, version 20H1, or later.
The new firmware update improves system graphics performance, addresses critical security vulnerability, and improves device stability and reliability. The update is listed as an “April 03 release” on the Surface Laptop Go Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for April 03, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for April 03, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Intel(R) ICLS Client – Software devices||Intel – Software Component – 1.63.1155.2|
|Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System Devices||Intel – System – 218.104.22.168|
|Intel(R) UHD Graphics – Display||Intel Corporation – Display – 22.214.171.12418|
|Intel(R) UHD Graphics – Extension||Intel Corporation Ext – 126.96.36.19918|
|Surface Integration Service Device – System devices||Surface -System – 188.8.131.52|
|Surface ME – Firmware||Surface – Firmware – 13.0.2101.2|
|Surface SMF – Surface System Management||Surface – Surface System Management – 184.108.40.206|
|Surface UEFI – Firmware||Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.11|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Laptop Go didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Laptop Go from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Go Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Go Update History
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.View
- Improves system graphics performance, addresses critical security vulnerability, and improves device stability and reliability.
- Improves device stability be addressing bugcheck and improves graphics stability and enables Window 11 feature to improve battery life.View