Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Laptop Go 2. The new update is available for Surface Laptop Go 2 devices running Windows 11 October 4, 2021, Version 21H2, or later.
The new firmware update will improves system performance and stability, improves device stability during reboot scenarios, resolves system bugcheck, and improves display accuracy when auto-brightness is enabled. The update is listed as “June 07 release” on the Surface Laptop Go 2 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for June 07, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for June 07, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 10.3.143.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 188.8.131.52||Surface System Aggregator – Firmware|
|Surface – System – 184.108.40.206||Surface Integration – System devices|
|Surface – System – 220.127.116.11||Surface Intersil Ambient Light Sensor (HID) – System Devices|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Laptop Go 2 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Laptop Go 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Go 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Go 2 Update History
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves Wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.View
- Improve system performance, stability, screen accuracy, and more.