Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Laptop Go 2. The latest update is available for Surface Laptop Go 2 devices running Windows 10 November 2021 Update, Version 21H2, or later.
The new firmware update improves audio stability and this update addresses a potential security vulnerability related to Intel® Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00783, addressing CVE-2022-36392 & CVE-2022-38102. The update is listed as an “October 31 release” on the Surface Laptop Go 2 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for October 31, 2023 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for October 31, 2023 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device manager|
|Dolby – SoftwareComponent – 3.30508.581.0||DolbyAPO SWC Device – Software components|
|Dolby – Extension – 8.605.313.22||Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) – Extension|
|Intel – SoftwareComponent – 1.66.712.0||Intel(R) iCLS Client – Software components|
|Intel – System – 2251.4.2.0||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System devices|
|Surface – Firmware – 15.0.2411.5||Surface ME – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 188.8.131.52||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Laptop Go 2 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Laptop Go 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Laptop Go 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Laptop Go 2 Update History
- Improves audio stability and this update addresses a potential security vulnerability related to Intel® Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00783, addressing CVE-2022-36392 & CVE-2022-38102.
- Enables support for new docking accessories, improves Surface Dock2 stability, and improves Wireless stability and addresses security vulnerability.View