Microsoft rolled out new firmware updates (April 25, 2022) for Surface Go 3
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Go 3 devices to addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability.
Microsoft has started rolling out new firmware updates for Surface Go 3. The new update is available for Surface Go 3 devices running Windows 10 October 2020 Update, Version 20H2, or later.
The new firmware update will addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability. The update is listed as a “April 25 release” on the Surface Go 3 Update History page.
- Changelog for April 25, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for April 25, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.1187||Surface ME – Firmware|
|Intel – System – 218.104.22.1685||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System Devices|
|Surface – Firmware – 22.214.171.124||Surface Mobile Broadband Update Device – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 126.96.36.199||Surface EC – Firmware|
Getting the Updates via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
On Windows 11:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
On Windows 10:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security.
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
If your Surface Go 3 didn’t receive the update, it should appear on the Windows Update list by now.
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Go 3 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Go 3 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Go 3 Update History
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability.