The new firmware update will improves system stability and resolves system bugcheck and improves graphics performance and stability. The update is listed as a “June 17 release” on the Surface Book 2 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for June 17, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for June 17, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface -System – 188.8.131.52||Surface Integration Service Device – System devices|
|Intel Corporation – Display – 184.108.40.2069||Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (15″) – Display adapters|
|Intel Corporation – Display – 220.127.116.119||Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (13″) – Display adapters|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Book 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Book 2 Update History
- Improves system stability and resolves system bugcheck and improves graphics performance and stability.
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves device stability, improves device stability and reliability with Surface Dock 2 scenarios, and improves camera and audio stability and reliability.View
- Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during Wake On LAN scenarios and improves the overall stability.View
- 389.2706.768.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 190013.View
- 18.104.22.168 Resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip-on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 10.25.0.10 resolves battery consumption issue associated with Windows 10 October update (version 1809).View
- 388.1932.769.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002.View