Microsoft rolled out May 2018 firmware updates for Surface Book 2
Microsoft is now rolling out the May 2018 update to Surface Book 2 devices to 220.127.116.11 improves hibernation on Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
The new firmware update will 18.104.22.168 improves hibernation on Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The update is listed as a “May 11 release” on the Surface Book 2 Update History page.
- Changelog for May 11, 2018 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for May 11, 2018 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – System – 22.214.171.124||Surface Integration – System 126.96.36.199 improves hibernation on Windows 10 April 2018 Update.|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Book 2 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware
Surface Book 2 Update History
- Improves system stability and resolves system bugcheck and improves graphics performance and stability.View
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves device stability, improves device stability and reliability with Surface Dock 2 scenarios, and improves camera and audio stability and reliability.View
- Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during Wake On LAN scenarios and improves the overall stability.View
- 389.2706.768.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 190013.View
- 188.8.131.52 Resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip-on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809. Use the Surface Pen Checker Tool to verify that the Pen’s firmware was successfully updated.View
- 10.25.0.10 resolves battery consumption issue associated with Windows 10 October update (version 1809).View
- 184.108.40.206 improves hibernation on Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
- 388.1932.769.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft security advisory 180002.View