Why do you need to properly shut down your Surface Book 3?
Here are several reasons that you will need to properly shut down your Surface Book 3:
- Apply and install all pending firmware, drivers, and Windows update.
- Refresh your laptop’s system resources for faster performance.
- Preventing battery drain issues.
- Preventing device overheating when keeping in the bag.
How to shut down your Surface Book 3 via Start Menu?
To shut down your Surface Book 3 via Start Menu:
- Select the Start icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the Power button next to the start menu.
- Select the “Shut down” button from the pop-up list.
How to shut down your Surface Book 3 via Power Button?
Every Surface device has a power button and you can shut down your Surface Book 3 via the power button too. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button (about 3s).
- Wait until you see the message “Slide to shut down your PC”.
- Use your finger to slide the lock screen down to shut down your device
- Or use your mouse pointer to click, hold, and move the lock screen down to shut down your device.
Here are some more related Surface Book 3 questions:
- Does Surface Book 3 have Thunderbolt 3 port?
- What processors is in Microsoft Surface Book 3?
- Does Surface Book 3 have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Book 3 support Windows Hello?
- Does Surface Book 3 support WiFi 6?
- Does Surface Book 3 support External GPU (eGPU)?
- Does Surface Book 3 have USB-A port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have Ethernet port?
- Can you charge Surface Book 3 via USB-C?
More on Surface Book 3
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How to Connect Xbox Controller to Surface with Xbox Wireless Support
- How To Boot Surface Book 1-3 From A USB Drive
- Ultimate Tips for Mastering Microsoft Surface Book 3
- The 3 easy ways to adjust Surface Book’s screen brightness
- Best Surface Book 3 Cases and Sleeves in 2022
- Best Surface Book 3 Accessories 2022