Microsoft update Surface Tools for IT to Support new Surface Pro and Surface Laptop
IT Administrator now can download the new updates of Surface Tools for IT with added support for the new Surface Pro and Surface Laptop.
Microsoft Surface is a great line of devices for both general consumers and enterprise customers. Moreover, Microsoft Surface has all necessary advanced features that enterprise customers will need for managing their workflow. Those features including customer support, tools, and administration infrastructures.
We are pleased to announce that today we’ve released new versions of the Surface Tools for IT Pros with support for the new Surface Pro and Surface Laptop. This update includes new versions of the Surface Enterprise Management Mode (SEMM) tools Surface UEFI Configurator and Surface UEFI Manager, Surface Dock Updater (SDU), Surface Data Eraser (SDE), and Surface Deployment Accelerator (SDA). You can download these updated tools from the Surface Tools for IT page in the Microsoft Download Center.
Here are quick notes on updates for each tool:
- Surface Deployment Accelerator v184.108.40.206 supports the deployment of the new Surface Pro.
- Surface Data Eraser v3.2.36 adds support for the storage devices of Surface Studio, Surface Pro, and Surface Laptop.
- Surface Dock Updater v220.127.116.11 adds support for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop.
- Surface UEFI Configurator v18.104.22.168 adds support for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop and a new ability to generate a USB drive with WinPE that can be used to enroll a device in Surface Enterprise Management Mode.
- Surface UEFI Manager v2.2.21 adds for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop.
How to download Surface Tools for IT Pros
You can download these updated tools from the Surface Tools for IT page in the Microsoft Download Center.
For more information about the updates please head to the Surface Blog for IT Pros page.