Surface Studio gets Surface Pen advanced feature support with the latest firmware updates (28 June 2018)
Microsoft releases a new firmware update to Microsoft Surface Studio devices to get Surface Pen advanced feature support. You can get this new update now on Windows Update.
Microsoft has just released a new firmware update for the Microsoft Surface Studio devices. The new firmware update will include drivers and firmware for Surface Touch, Surface Pen Settings, and Surface Pen Pairing that enable Surface Pen’s advanced feature support on devices running Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update) or above.
The update is listed as “June 28 release” in the Surface Studio Update History page. The following is the changelog for Surface Studio devices:
- Surface Touch v220.127.116.11 enables Surface Pen advanced feature support.
- Surface Pen Settings v18.104.22.168 enables Surface Pen advanced feature support.
- Surface Pen Pairing v22.214.171.124 enables Surface Pen advanced feature support.
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your Surface Studio hasn’t yet installed the update, it should be displayed in the Windows Update now.
Either way, you can also download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Studio from Microsoft Download Center with the following files:
- SurfaceStudio_Win10_17134_1802206_0.msi (for Windows 10 April 2018 Build 1803)
- If you update the operating system on your Surface, this will clear your existing update history.
- Firmware updates cannot be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update, please manually check Windows Update later.
Source: Surface Blog for IT Pros