Microsoft earlier this week released a new firmware update to the new Surface Pro. This update will be available to all Surface Pro (Model 1796) and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (Model 1807) devices running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, build 1703 or greater.
The new firmware updates will improve the overall system stability, security, especially to improve pen and touch performance. The update is listed as “August 8 release” in the Surface Pro Update History page. Below are the new driver and firmware version with improvement information for the update.
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – Bluetooth
Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Bluetooth – 15.68.9125.57 – improves system security.
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters
Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Net – 15.68.9125.57 – improves system security.
- Surface Integration Service Device – System devices
Surface – System – 22.214.171.124 – improves system stability.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML – System devices
Surface – System – 126.96.36.199 – improves pen and touch performance.
- Surface Touch – Firmware
Surface – Firmware – 4188.8.131.52 – improves pen and touch performance.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware
Surface – Firmware – 234.2291.769.0 – improves driver installation servicing.
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your Surface Pro hasn’t yet installed the update, it should be displayed in the Windows Update now.