Microsoft has just released a new firmware update for the Microsoft Surface Pro (2017) LTE (Model 1807) devices. The new firmware update will improve Surface Pro’s LTE network reliability by updating the Surface Mobile Broadband Update Device.
The update is listed as “June 28 release” in the Surface Pro Update History page. The following is the changelog for Surface Pro LTE Advanced (Model 1807) devices:
- Gemalto eSIM Firmware Update v188.8.131.52 improves eSIM service stability.
1Updating your Surface Pro via Windows Update
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your Surface Pro hasn’t yet installed the update, it should be displayed in the Windows Update now.
2Downloading the update from Microsoft Download Center
Either way, you can also download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro LTE from Microsoft Download Center with the following files:
- SurfacePro_LTE_Win10_15063_1804407_1.msi (for Windows 10 Creators Update Build 1703)
- SurfacePro_LTE_Win10_16299_1804407_1.msi (for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Build 1709)
- If you update the operating system on your Surface, this will clear your existing update history.
- Firmware updates cannot be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update, please manually check Windows Update later.
Source: Surface Blog for IT Pros
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Pro with LTE Advanced gets better eSIM service stability with the latest firmware updates (28 June 2018)”.