- $899$1,128.99Surface Pro (i5/4GB/128GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Save $329Surface Pro (i5/8GB/256GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Free Invoke SpeakerSurface Laptop with 256 GB SSD or higher
- Save $100Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Motion Controllers
- Only $189 + 1 free game + 1 month Game Pass$249Xbox One S 500GB
How to download Surface Pro (2017) Recovery Image
In this article, you will find out how to download a right recovery image to create a recovery drive for resetting your new Surface Pro (2017).
Microsoft finally unveiled its latest generation of the Surface Pro lines with significant updates. The new Surface Pro comes with 800 new custom parts including a bigger battery, new kickstand, new heatsink design, on board NVMe SSD and so on. Microsoft started shipping the new Surface Pro on June 15, 2017, with Windows 10 Pro Build 1703 (Creators Update) installed.
Every Microsoft Surface PCs also comes with a recovery partition easy for you to reset your Surface back to factory settings if you needed. However, in case you can’t reset your Surface Pro (2017) with existing recovery partition, you can use a recovery drive instead. To create a recovery drive, you will need to download recovery image for your Surface Pro (2017) from Microsoft Support website.
Important All USB recovery drives must be formatted to FAT32 prior to loading a recovery image. For the new Surface Pro (2017), you will need at least 16 GB USB drive for loading the image.
Download Surface Pro (2017) Recovery Image
Prior downloading a right recovery image for your Surface tablet, you need to have a Microsoft account and the serial number of your Surface device.
- Visit the Download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface website.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account
- Choose your new Surface Pro, If you have registered your new Surface Pro already.
- Otherwise, choose your Surface model and type your Surface device’s serial number in the Option 2. Then click Continue button.
- Click on Download button to download the recovery image.
- After you have clicked the Download button, it will lead you to the Step 3. Here are detail steps you can follow to create a recovery drive for your Surface device.
Microsoft might update the recovery image in the future. Make sure you check back again when you need to reset your Surface Laptop next time.