How to download Surface Pro (2017) Recovery Image
In this article, you will find out how to download a right recovery image to create a recovery drive for resetting your new Surface Pro (2017).
Microsoft finally unveiled its latest generation of the Surface Pro lines with significant updates. The new Surface Pro comes with 800 new custom parts including a bigger battery, new kickstand, new heatsink design, onboard NVMe SSD and so on. Microsoft started shipping the new Surface Pro on June 15, 2017, with Windows 10 Pro Build 1703 (Creators Update) installed.
Every Microsoft Surface PCs also comes with a recovery partition easy for you to reset your Surface back to factory settings if you needed. However, in case you can’t reset your Surface Pro (2017) with existing recovery partition, you can use a recovery drive instead. To create a recovery drive, you will need to download recovery image for your Surface Pro (2017) from Microsoft Support website.
Important All USB recovery drives must be formatted to FAT32 prior to loading a recovery image. For the new Surface Pro (2017), you will need at least 16 GB USB drive for loading the image.
- Download Surface Pro (2017) Recovery Image
- Creating a recovery drive using the downloaded recovery image
Prior downloading a right recovery image for your Surface tablet, you need to have a Microsoft account and the serial number of your Surface device.
- Visit the Download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface website.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account
- Choose your new Surface Pro, If you have registered your new Surface Pro already.
- Otherwise, choose your Surface model and type your Surface device’s serial number in the Option 2. Then click Continue button.
- Click on Download button to download the recovery image.
After you have clicked the Download button, it will lead you to the Step 3 that will show you how to create a recovery drive for your Surface device.
To learn more about how to use the downloaded recovery image, make sure you read our step-by-step guide here.
- How to create USB recovery drive, loading recovery image files, and recover your Surface using the USB recovery drive.
Microsoft might update the recovery image in the future. Make sure you check back again when you need to reset your Surface device next time.
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.