Does Microsoft Surface Book 3 support Thunderbolt 3?
No, it doesn’t! The single USB-C port on Microsoft Surface Book 3 is a USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2 port with the max bandwidth of 10 Gbps with the capability to output up to two [email protected] Here are the complete specs of the Type-C port on the Surface Book 3:
- USB Type-C port.
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 standard.
- Transfers up to 10Gbps or 1.25GB/s.
- Supports DisplayPort 1.4 Alt Mode and Digital Audio.
- Supports up to two 4K UHD (3840×[email protected]).
- Supports Power Delivery revision 3.0 with power rules of 5v, 9v, 15v, and 20v supports chargers rated at 45W or bigger. It also backward compatible with PD 2.0.
Here are the latest related questions:
- Can you add RAM to Surface Book 3?
- Can you charge Surface Book 3 via USB-C?
- Can you upgrade Surface Book 3 SSD?
- Does Surface Book 3 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have headphone Jack?
- Does Surface Book 3 have SD Card Slot?
- Does Surface Book 3 have USB-A port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Book 3 support External GPU (eGPU)?
More on Surface Book 3
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How to Connect Xbox Controller to Surface with Xbox Wireless Support
- How To Boot Surface Book 1-3 From A USB Drive
- Ultimate Tips for Mastering Microsoft Surface Book 3
- The 3 easy ways to adjust Surface Book’s screen brightness
- Best Surface Book 3 Cases and Sleeves in 2022
- Best Surface Book 3 Accessories 2022