Can you replace Microsoft Surface Book 3 SSD?
Technically Yes! all Surface Book 3 models including 13-inch and 15-inch models come with a replaceable M.2 2280 SSD. However, it required you to remove the screen which is not easy at all without the right tool. So if you want to add more storage to Surface Book 3, you can alternatively consider a Micro SD card with the right adapter to expand your Surface Book 3 storage.
Here is how to teardown the Microsoft Surface Book 2 from iFixit which is also applied to Surface Book 3 as well:
For more information, you might want to check out the new Surface Book 3 engineering tour by the Microsoft Mechanic team here:
Our recommended MicroSD cards:
Here are the latest related questions:
- Does Surface Book 3 have Ethernet port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have USB-C port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have HDMI port?
- Does Surface Book 3 have Thunderbolt 3 port?
- Can you charge Surface Book 3 via USB-C?
- What’s ports on Microsoft Surface Book 3?
- Does Surface Book 3 have SD Card Slot?
- What processors is in Microsoft Surface Book 3?
- Does Surface Book 3 support WiFi 6?
- Does Surface Book 3 support External GPU (eGPU)?
More on Surface Book 3
Here are all recent related articles you might want to check out:
- How to Connect Xbox Controller to Surface with Xbox Wireless Support
- How To Boot Surface Book 1-3 From A USB Drive
- Ultimate Tips for Mastering Microsoft Surface Book 3
- The 3 easy ways to adjust Surface Book’s screen brightness
- Best Surface Book 3 Cases and Sleeves in 2022
- Best Surface Book 3 Accessories 2022