- $899$1,128.99Surface Pro (i5/4GB/128GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Save $329Surface Pro (i5/8GB/256GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Free Invoke SpeakerSurface Laptop with 256 GB SSD or higher
- Save $100Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Motion Controllers
- Only $189 + 1 free game + 1 month Game Pass$249Xbox One S 500GB
Microsoft Releases 3/28/2017 Driver Update for Surface Pro 3 (Preparing for Creators Update)
Microsoft rolled out another firmware update to Surface Pro 3 for April 2017. It is about to improve overall system stability and battery life. You can now get this new firmware update on Windows Update.
Well, Microsoft is still working hard on pushing updates to our Surface Pro 3. Today, Microsoft releases another driver update that will ensure that Surface Pro 3 will perform well with upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update.
This latest update contains only a driver update for the Realtek USB 3.0 Card Reader. As a result, it will update the SD card slot driver to the 10.0.14393.31230.
According to on Surface Pro 3 history page, here are the full details for March 28, 2017, update for Surface Pro 3:
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek USB 3.0 Card Reader||Realtek USB 3.0 Card Reader|
In addition, Microsoft also provides more information about overall device attribute benefits from this update as below:
How to get this new update?
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 3 hasn’t yet installed the update, it should be displayed on the Windows Update now. Otherwise, it’s good to see our device getting better with the new firmware update from Microsoft.