The new firmware update addresses scenario outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—September 2022. The update is listed as a “September 09 release” on the Surface Duo 2 Update History page.
Changelog for September 09, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the software version and detailed information about the update.
|Software version||Update info|
Getting the UpdatesYou can get this new Firmware Update via System Update, as we detailed here:
- Make sure your Surface is connected to the internet.
- Open the Settings app from the app list.
- In Settings, go to System > System update > Check for update.
- If your Surface Duo 2 didn't receive the update, it should appear on the System update list by now. You can then download and install the update.
- Tab Restart now to reboot your Surface to finish the installation.
Surface Duo 2 Update History
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin – December 2022 and fixes scenario following upgrade to Android 12L when incoming calls would go directly to voicemail and outgoing calls would end immediately.View
- Upgrade the Android operating system to Android 12L for foldable devices, address the scenario outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—October 2022, introduce new Fluent UI design, and more.View
- Addresses scenario outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—September 2022.
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—August 2022, improves device stability, and improves video quality during video calls.View
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—July 2022, improves device stability, improves system performance, and more.View
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—June 2022, glance Bar shows notifications for 3rd party conversation apps, enables Haptic feedback control in Camera app settings, and more.View
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin – February 2022, improves system reliability and stability, improves device performance and animations, and more.View
- Enables pen shortcut preferences in settings for Surface Slim Pen 2. It requires Surface Slim Pen 2 to be paired with Surface Duo 2, with the Your Phone app, you can use Android apps on your PC. For more information on using Surface Duo with your PC see Link Surface Duo to your PC, addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—January 2022, and more.View
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—December 2021, improves system reliability and stability, improves app navigations with added support animations, and more.View
Let us know what you think!
We appreciate hearing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about “Surface Duo 2 September 2022 update now rolling out”.