- $899$1,128.99Surface Pro (i5/4GB/128GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Save $329Surface Pro (i5/8GB/256GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Free Invoke SpeakerSurface Laptop with 256 GB SSD or higher
- Save $100Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Motion Controllers
- Only $189 + 1 free game + 1 month Game Pass$249Xbox One S 500GB
Microsoft Releases 6/6/2017 Firmware Update for Surface Pro 3 (Improving Battery Life)
Microsoft rolled out another major firmware update to Surface Pro 3 for June 2017. It is about to improve overall system stability and battery life. You can now get this new firmware update on Windows Update.
Microsoft’s still doing a very good job to keep our 3-years old Surface Pro 3 to work better over time. Today, Microsoft releases another firmware update that will continue to improve your Surface Pro 3 system stability and battery life.
This new firmware update will bump the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware version from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 to improve battery life when your device is on sleep.
According to on Surface Pro 3 history page, here are the full details for June 6, 2017, update for Surface Pro 3:
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Firmware – 220.127.116.11||Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 3.11.2150.0||Surface Pro UEFI|
In addition, Microsoft also provides more information about overall device attribute benefits from this update as below:
How to get this new firmware update?
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 3 hasn’t yet installed the update, it should be displayed on the Windows Update now. Otherwise, it’s good to see our device getting better with the new firmware update from Microsoft.