The new Surface Laptop 3 is just better in every way over its predecessors especially the new long-awaited USB Type-C port. It’s now twice as fast as previous generations with the new 10th Gen Intel Ice Lake processors on the 13.5-inch model. On top of that, it also comes with a new fast-charging feature, 20% larger trackpad, dual far-field studio mics, and improved Windows Hello camera.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is also easy to troubleshoot and get supports. It comes with a recovery partition, which allows you to reset your Surface back to factory settings whenever you want. However, in case you can’t reset your Surface Laptop 3 with the existing recovery partition or it has been deleted, you can use a USB recovery drive instead. On the other hand, to create a recovery drive, you will need to have the official recovery image specifically for your specific Surface Laptop 3 model.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through step-by-step how to download the latest official recovery image for your Surface Laptop 3.
Table of contents
- Surface Model: Surface Laptop 3.
- Serial number: 12-digit number.
To download Microsoft Surface Pro 3’s recovery image without Signing in.
- Go to Download a recovery image page on Surface support site.
- Scroll down to “Select your Surface device” section.
- Select Surface Laptop 3 from the product list.
- Enter the device’s Serial number located under the kickstand.
- Then click Continue.
- If you type a correct serial number, it will show up a correct version of the recovery image made specifically for your device’s model. Click Download recovery image.
- It will start downloading. If y0u’re using the Edge based on Chromium, press Ctrl+J to monitor the current downloads.
- After finish downloading, by default, it will be saved to your computer’s Downloads folder.
Some people unable to download the recovery image when they try to click the provided Download recovery image link. In general, this issue is caused by the browser’s pop-up blocking feature. To fix this:
- Microsoft Edge: Make sure you allow pop-up requested from the site when you click download. Click Always allow.
- Google Chrome: Make sure to notice the pop-up blocking notification in the address bar, Allow the pop-up request and try to download again.