- $899$1,128.99Surface Pro (i5/4GB/128GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Save $329Surface Pro (i5/8GB/256GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Free Invoke SpeakerSurface Laptop with 256 GB SSD or higher
- Save $100Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Motion Controllers
- Only $189 + 1 free game + 1 month Game Pass$249Xbox One S 500GB
How to Disable the Windows button on Surface Pro 3
Microsoft has an easy option for you to enable or disable completely the Home or Windows button on your Microsoft Surface Pro 3.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is the third-generation of the tablet that can replace your laptop introduced by Microsoft. It has a Faster with more processor choices, thinner, lighter, larger and sharper display, and many other improving from its predecessors.
There are many users especially from artists who complaining about accidentally hitting the Surface Windows button when they using the tablet landscape mode. It comes into a serious problem especially when they are watching movies, playing games and drawing with the Surface Pen.
Previously, users have figured out how to disable the Windows button by disabling Surface Home Button hardware via Windows Device Manager. Now, Microsoft has provided the easiest way to disable the Windows button via the Surface app (previously known as Surface Hub) that you can download it from the Windows Store.
- Click on Start and open the Surface app
- On the left sidebar of the app, click on the Surface icon button
- Click on the toggle button underneath the Windows Button section to turn OFF
Note Besides enabling or disabling the Home button, the Surface app also allows you to adjust the pen sensitivity and the assigning the top button on the Surface Pen.
If you choose to toggle the button option off, you can still get to the Start screen by:
- Opening Charms and tapping the Windows button (Windows 8.1)
- Pressing the Windows key in the keyboard
Download Surface app for Surface Pro 3 from Windows Store.