- $899$1,128.99Surface Pro (i5/4GB/128GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Save $329Surface Pro (i5/8GB/256GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Free Invoke SpeakerSurface Laptop with 256 GB SSD or higher
- Save $100Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Motion Controllers
- Only $189 + 1 free game + 1 month Game Pass$249Xbox One S 500GB
July Firmware Update brings new Surface Pro Type Cover support to Surface Pro 4
Microsoft brings new Surface Pro Type Cover and Surface Pro Signature Type Cover support to Surface Pro 4 via a firmware update. You can now get this new firmware updates on Windows Update.
Microsoft has introduced a bunch of new accessories during the launch events of the Surface Studio, Surface Laptop, and the new Surface Pro. Those accessories are including the Surface Dial, new Surface Type Cover, Surface Arc Mouse, and more. Moreover, they are all compatible with older Surface models including Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, and Surface Book. Today, Microsoft push a firmware update to Surface Pro 4 to get better support for the new Surface Pro Type Cover and Surface Pro Signature Type Cover.
As always, all new firmware updates for Surface Pro 4 are listed on the Surface Pro 4 update history page. Here is all detail information about this July, 11th firmware updates:
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Keyboard – 1.1.504.0||Surface Type Cover Filter Device|
Microsoft also provides more information about overall device attribute benefits from this update as well:
How to get July 2017 Firmware Update
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 4 hasn’t yet installed the updates, it should be displayed on the Windows Update now.