Surface Pro 5 recieves new (September 15, 2020) firmware updates
Microsoft is rolling out new firmware updates to Surface Pro 5 devices to improve Battery Smart Charging reliability.
The new firmware update will improve Battery Smart Charging reliability. The update is listed as a “September 15 release” on the Surface Pro 5 Update History page.
- Changelog for September 15, 2020 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for September 15, 2020 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name||Version and Update|
|Surface – Firmware – 239.3275.257.0||Surface System Aggregator -Firmware||239.3275.257.0
* Improves Battery Smart Charging reliability.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 5 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 5
- Surface Pro 5 with LTE