Microsoft Surface Laptop receives a new firmware update to improve docking compatibility
Microsoft releases a new firmware update to Microsoft Surface Laptop devices to improve docking compatibility. You can get this new update now on Windows Update.
Microsoft today has rolled out another firmware update for Microsoft Surface Laptop to address issues when users connected their Surface Laptop to Microsoft Surface Dock. This firmware update will improve docking compatibility by updating the Surface System Aggregator Firmware on the devices.
The update is listed as “15 May release” in the Surface Laptop Update History page. Below is the new driver version with improvement information for the update.
- Surface System Aggregator v135.2139.257.0 improves docking compatibility.
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your Surface Laptop hasn’t yet installed the update, it should be displayed in the Windows Update now.
Either way, you can also download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Laptop from Microsoft Download Center with the following file:
- SurfaceLaptop_Win10_15063_1802008_1.msi (for Windows 10 Creators Update Build 1703)
- SurfaceLaptop_Win10_16299_1803008_0.msi (for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Build 1709)
- SurfaceLaptop_Win10_17134_1802808_0.msi (for Windows 10 April 2018 Update Build 1803)
Source: Surface Blog for IT Pros