- $899$1,128.99Surface Pro (i5/4GB/128GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Save $329Surface Pro (i5/8GB/256GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Free Invoke SpeakerSurface Laptop with 256 GB SSD or higher
- Save $100Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Motion Controllers
- Only $189 + 1 free game + 1 month Game Pass$249Xbox One S 500GB
Microsoft Releases Full Changelog for the Latest Update for Surface Pro 4
Microsoft now released the full changelog of the latest firmware updates for the Surface Pro 4 last week as July 20 release.
Last week, Surface Pro 4 received a batch of firmware updates to brought power control slider and many more improvements. This is a significant or even the biggest update ever for the Surface Pro 4 this 2017. It brings a lot of driver updates to major components on Surface Pro 4.
Last week, Microsoft didn’t update the Surface Pro 4 update history page to include the latest update changelog. Now the changelog has appeared on the page as the July 20 release. Here is the full changelog for the update.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell ACASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter||Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – Bluetooth|
|Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540||Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540 – Display adapters|
|Microsoft driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware||Surface Embedded Controller Firmware – Firmware|
|Surface driver update for Surface Management Engine|| Surface Management Engine – Firmware|
|Surface driver update for Surface UEFI|| Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell ACASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller||Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters|
|Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller||Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller – System devices|
|Microsoft driver update for Surface Accessory Device||Surface Accessory Device – System devices|
|Microsoft driver update for Surface Pen Pairing|| Surface Pen Pairing – System devices|
|Microsoft driver update for Surface Integration||Surface Integration – System devices|
Microsoft also provides more information about overall device attribute benefits from this update as well:
How to get this new Firmware Updates
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your new Surface Pro 4 hasn’t yet installed the updates, it should be displayed on the Windows Update now. Alternatively, you can also download this update as msi files from the Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware page at Microsoft Download Center.
- If you update the operating system on your Surface, this will clear your existing update history.
- Firmware updates cannot be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update, please manually check Windows Update later.