Microsoft releases new May 2018 firmware updates to Surface Pro 4
Microsoft is rolling out a new batch of firmware updates to Surface Pro 4 devices running Windows 10 Creators Update or later to improve the overall system stability. You can get it now on Windows Update.
Microsoft today is rolling out a few new firmware updates to all Surface Pro 4 devices. This update will be available to all Surface Pro 4 devices running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and later only.
According to Surface blog for IT Pro, the new firmware updates will improve the overall system stability, especially for the device’s thermal system. The update should be listed as “24 May release” in the Surface Pro 4 Update History page when it available. Below is the new driver version with improvement information for the update.
- Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager v8.3.10207.5567 – improves system stability.
- Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Power Participant v8.3.10207.5567 – improves system stability.
- Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Processor Participant v8.3.10207.5567 – improves system stability.
How to get this new Firmware Updates
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your new Surface Pro 4 hasn’t yet installed the updates, it should be displayed on the Windows Update now.
- If you update the operating system on your Surface, this will clear your existing update history.
- Firmware updates cannot be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update, please manually check Windows Update later.