- $899$1,128.99Surface Pro (i5/4GB/128GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Save $329Surface Pro (i5/8GB/256GB) with Black Type Cover Bundle
- Free Invoke SpeakerSurface Laptop with 256 GB SSD or higher
- Save $100Windows Mixed Reality headsets and Motion Controllers
- Only $189 + 1 free game + 1 month Game Pass$249Xbox One S 500GB
Microsoft Releases 4/18/2017 Firmware Update for Surface Pro 3 (Improving Battery Life)
Microsoft rolled out another major firmware update to Surface Pro 3 for April 2017. It is about to improve overall system stability and battery life. You can now get this new firmware update on Windows Update.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is a great device that leads Microsoft Surface success in the 2-in-1 tablet market. Moreover, this 3 years old device still performs really well on Windows 10 with Creators Update. Today, Microsoft releases another firmware update that will improve your Surface Pro 3 system stability and battery life.
This new firmware update will bump the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware version to the 188.8.131.52.
According to on Surface Pro 3 history page, here are the full details for April 18, 2017, update for Surface Pro 3:
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206||Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware|
In addition, Microsoft also provides more information about overall device attribute benefits from this update as below:
How to get this new firmware update?
You can get this new Firmware Update by:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates
If your Surface Pro 3 hasn’t yet installed the update, it should be displayed on the Windows Update now. Otherwise, it’s good to see our device getting better with the new firmware update from Microsoft.