How to Disassemble Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse
In this quick tip, we will show you what's it looks like inside of Microsoft Precision Mouse with some info about screw locations and battery.
My Surface Precision Mouse has recently experienced a very poor battery performance that I can’t even switch scrolling behavior without plugged in the charging cable even at its full battery. Here are some photos of what is it looks like the inside of the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse while I tore it down.
How to Tear Down Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse
- Remove the top cover
To get inside the Surface Precision Mouse you need to pull the top cover of the mouse by starting from the left and right buttons.NoteYou might need a heat gun to loosen the excessive adhesive (likely a permanent glue) under the cover or you will need to pull them very hard to get it separated.ImportantDo it at your own risk!!! As a result, my Surface Precision Mouse right-click button become unstable after torn them apart.
- Remove the 5 screws
There are five Torx screws underneath the mouse cover. Remove those screws to get into the circuit board and battery section.
- Disconnect the cable
Disconnect the connection cable between the circuit board and the top mouse cover board.
- Now the disassembling is done. Here is the main circuit board of the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse
- The battery capacity is 2.31Wh (3.7V, 627 mAh) and it can be easily disconnected and removed.
More Quick Tips and Tricks
- How to Check Surface Warranty Information with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
- How to properly shut down a Surface Laptop 4
- How to Check Bluetooth Headphone’s Battery Status on Surface?
- How to Force an App or Game to Use Discrete Graphics on Microsoft Surface Book?
- How to Check Surface Dock Firmware Version?
- How to Check Surface Mobile Mouse Battery and Serial Number?
- How to Check Surface Pen Battery, Serial Number, and Firmware Version?
- How to Check Surface Key Specifications with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
- How to Enable or Disable Auto Screen Brightness on Microsoft Surface?
- How to Check Surface Battery Health with Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
More Surface Precision Mouse Tips & Tricks
Here is all related Surface Mobile Mouse tips & tricks topic you might want to know: