The new firmware update will addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability. The update is listed as a “February 28 release” on the Surface Pro 5 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for February 28, 2022 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for February 28, 2022 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Surface – Firmware – 237.3982.768.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware|
|Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.20687||Surface ME – Firmware|
|Intel – System – 2220.127.116.115||Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System Devices|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 5 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 5
- Surface Pro 5 with LTE