The new firmware update will addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability. The update is listed as a “November 23 release” on the Surface Pro 5 Update History page.
Table of contents
- Changelog for November 23, 2021 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for November 23, 2021 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update Name||Device Manager|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Net – 15.68.17022.122||Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller|
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Bluetooth – 15.68.17022.122||Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – Bluetooth|
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 5 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 5
- Surface Pro 5 with LTE