Surface Pro 5 gets new (July 23, 2020) firmware updates
Microsoft is now rolling out the July 2020 update to Surface Pro 5 devices to improves device stability during hibernate.
The new firmware update will improves device stability during hibernate. The update is listed as a “July 23 release” on the Surface Pro 5 Update History page.
- Changelog for July 23, 2020 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for July 23, 2020 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name||Version and Update|
|Surface – Firmware – 235.3261.768.0||Surface UEFI – Firmware||235.3261.768.0
Improves device stability during hibernate.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 5 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 5
- Surface Pro 5 with LTE