Surface Pro 5 June 2018 update now rolling out
Microsoft is now rolling out the June update to Surface Pro 5 devices to improve LTE network reliability.
The new firmware update will improve LTE network reliability. The update is listed as a “June 7 release” on the Surface Pro 5 Update History page.
- Changelog for June 07, 2018 Updates
- Getting the Updates via Windows Update
- Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Changelog for June 07, 2018 Updates
Below is the complete changelog provided by Microsoft for the new updates. It includes the name and version listed in the Windows Updates and the name listed in Device Manager.
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Firmware – 18.02.08.1700||Surface Mobile Broadband Update Device – Firmware
18.02.08.1700 improves LTE network reliability.
Getting the Updates via Windows UpdateYou can get this new Firmware Update via Windows Updates, as we detailed here:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I)
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Check for updates button
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & security
- From the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates
Downloading the Updates from Microsoft
Alternatively, you can download the latest cumulative driver and firmware update for Surface Pro 5 from Microsoft Download Center via the following links.
- Surface Pro 5
- Surface Pro 5 with LTE